This first picture is the profile of the baby. I outlined the important stuff for those of you who have never read an ultrasound, or for my dad who despite seeing several still doesn't quite get it. The orange is outlining the baby who is only showing from head to tummy. The blue outline is the profile of the baby's face.
In this picture the baby is staring right at the camera. The blue arrow is pointing to the baby's head. The orange arrow is pointing to the baby's arm, and the green arrow is pointing to the baby's tummy.According to the ultrasound, I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow, making my due date March 27, 2009.
The tech found a little blurb on the ultrasound, a clump of tissue or blood or something, in between the placenta and the uterine lining. The doctor said it was probably just blood blob (love my technical talk?), and that at this point the was no evidence of a yolk sac so that it probably wasn't a lost twin. The idea of losing a baby is so not cool, so we're just going to go with the blob idea. Not that you all wanted or needed to know that, but I wanted to make note of it for journal purposes... the disadvantages of having an online journal. Anyway, he said that it may cause some bleeding later on, once the baby gets big enough to push it out of the way.
Corban knows about the baby. I'm not sure how much he gets, one day he'll totally understand, and then the next he'll stare at us like we're speaking a different language. Actually, I think he gets it and he just stares at us when he doesn't want to answer anymore questions.
One funny note, I get weekly updates via email noting how far along I am and plotting the baby's growth progression (that's not the funny part). So, on week six I got an email that included the following picture.
Logan was there and Corban came into the room. I pointed to the picture and said, "Look Corban, there's our baby." He looked at it and said, "Oh, it's a JELLYFISH!!!" (that's the funny part)



No comments:
Post a Comment