TEXTING
Corban LOVES our cell phones. Usually he just types in numbers to see all of the different colors pop up, but he's also become pretty good at answering the phone and bringing it to Mommy or Daddy. Several times though, he'll be typing in numbers and the phone will ring. As with most phones, our phone has a certain ring if it's a msg and another ring if it's an actual call (same with vibe; 3 for msg, multilple for call). Anyway, Corban will be typing and the phone will either ring and vibe and he will hold it to his ear and say, "Hello? Hello?!" to which I will say, "It was just a msg, Babe." (Sometimes he will bring the phone to me and say, "It ringed, but no one was there!" to which I respond the same). This has happened enough, that I never know how much he really gets it. Till...
The other day Corban was playing with Logan's phone and and a txt came through. Logan said, "It's ringing Corban, can Daddy have the phone please? Corban, give Daddy the phone." Corban, laying on the floor, rolled away undaunted as Logan tried to grab the phone, "IT'S JUST A MESSAGE. DADDY!!!"
VOICEMAIL
Much to Grandma Stocking's delight, Corban's newest interest along with using the phone, is calling Grandma Stocking. Before, he would talk to Grandpa Stocking, but as soon as Grandma got on the phone he would hand me the phone and run and laugh, teasing Grandma with a "can't catch me" glee. Now he will ask to talk to Grandma on the phone, and I of course oblige.
Last night he made such a request, and so I dialed the number and handed him the phone. I heard the call go to voicemail and so quickly asked for the phone, hung up and dialed their landline. I gave the phone back to Corban, but this call too went to the answering machine. My phone volume was loud enough so that even though Corban was holding the phone I still heard Grandma's voice say, "Hi, we're not able to come to the phone right now..." Corban did not understand that this was a recording and as soon as he heard Grandma's voice say, "Hi," he jumped in, "Hi!! .... It's me!!! Grandma it's me! GRANDMA IT'S ME!!!"
I took the phone and without returning it, kept it and called back the two numbers until Grandma answered one of them; I was worried that Grandma not answering the phone might revert Corban back to his old ways, and that would be no fun. As I was persistently dialing and waiting, Corban asked, "Why it do dat Momma?" "Do what, Hon?" "Why it answer and den not talk to me?" "Well..." I tried to explain a bit, but I didn't have a simplified explanation of voicemail right on hand.
Grandma finally answered. They were in bed and on their way to dreamland, but she was quick to forgive when she found out Corban wanted to talk! They did and all is well. Today, I'll have to tell him a bit more about voicemail.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment