So, it happened again. We found another gecko in our house!!! This one was quite a bit smaller. In fact, the tail that broke off from the first gecko was about as long as the body of this gecko.There must be something in our corner, because that's where we found this gecko as well. The missionaries were over for dinner, and Elder Kelly found this one while looking for the kitten. I haven't mentioned the kitten, have I? Ok, give me a paragraph or so, I'll get there...
Notice on the pictures of the gecko, how the tail looks so bluntly cut, as though there's something missing... Hmm... whatever could it be? Yeah, this one just freaked out, I barely even touched the tail when it launched it at me... freaky little reptiles.
And here is the offending tail... see it there, at the bottom of the jar? Yeah, it's in there too. I didn't do that on purpose, I slammed the lid of the jar on top of the tail cause I didn't want to see it squirm, and it stuck to the lid falling in when I put the lid on the jar.I just released the gecko out into the backyard... the gecko jumped out of the jar... BUT DID NOT TAKE HIS TAIL WITH HIM... it's stuck to the inside of the jar... Eww...
And now for the kitty...
Okay, so Tuesday night, while Corban and I were at a friend's house, Logan got a call from Sister Gordon, from our ward. Sister Gordon is Corban's nursery leader. Her daughter, Heather, is a vet tech, and I am her VT. I've called her several times for advice about our animals and she's dog-sitted for us. Anyway, they're animal lovers, they know we have a soft spot for them too, so they called us to ask a favor. They had found an abandoned kitten, only a few weeks old, in their backyard. They took it in, but their two dogs were freaking out about a feline in their home; thus they called us.
Okay, so Tuesday night, while Corban and I were at a friend's house, Logan got a call from Sister Gordon, from our ward. Sister Gordon is Corban's nursery leader. Her daughter, Heather, is a vet tech, and I am her VT. I've called her several times for advice about our animals and she's dog-sitted for us. Anyway, they're animal lovers, they know we have a soft spot for them too, so they called us to ask a favor. They had found an abandoned kitten, only a few weeks old, in their backyard. They took it in, but their two dogs were freaking out about a feline in their home; thus they called us.So, Corban and I came home to find a little kitty, who happens to be a blue tick tabby, just like Saja. Corban didn't play with him much, the cat was PETRIFIED of pretty much everything. Logan explained to Corban that the kitty was very little and very scared. "Will the kitty be bigger tomorrow?" He asked. "Well, a little."
So, the next day, the cat is hiding underneath... well, it can hide under just about anything, who knows where it was at that point. While he was hiding, Saja came inside for the day (he gets put out every night). Before heading straight for my bed (it's high, and the cat knows that Logan will pay him some attention) he wandered passed by Corban who said, "Look Daddy, the cat is BIG!!" Yeah, yeah, you've probably figured it out, but it took us a bit longer. Later that day, while I was feeding the kitten, Corban said, "Oo, Mom, the kitty is little!!"
Then, that evening, Corban pointed to Saja and said, "Look Daddy, the kitty is BIG again!!" It was then that Logan caught onto what was going on.
"No, Corban... there are TWO kitties. One big and one little."
Corban was amazed, "TWO kitties?!?!" The thought had never crossed his mind. We brought out both cats and Corban was stunned. "Oohh!!!"
It reminds me of a saying my mom used to say about me, "You know Sora, for someone so smart...," sometimes the sentence was finished verbally, sometimes just by the shake of her head; either way, we all knew what she meant. Corban must get that from my side. Sorry kid. :O



3 comments:
Now that is Freaking Hilarious!!!!!! I love it!!!
Jodi
I think you better drop your current insurance and sign up with Geico!!! I think it's the only way to stop the reptile dysfunction you got going on over there!!!! You might also want to consider life insurance or soon the Aflac duck is going to stop by!! i'm just trying to help!
I love the kitty story!!! Cute. :)
Post a Comment