Thursday, August 28, 2008

FLASHBACK So, we got a dog... and have a cat.

This blurb is about our dog, Kogi. I write because we just got him a few days ago and I don't want to be too behind on my writing. I also find it sad that the first picture we have on our blog is our damn dog, but that's because I stole it from Lani (Ayers) blog.

First, about the cat. I would've prefered to get a dog before a cat or even live forever sans cat, but two years ago, while our house was being re-done and we were living with Logan's parents, we found Saja (Korean for "lion"... which is kind of odd because he's a blue tick tabby, not a calico that you'd expect with the name). Saja was an 8-week-old kitten that had been dropped off by an unwanting owner. We took him in and fed him and played with him. He was VERY good with Corban, and well trained (cleaned his face, used the litter box right away), so we decided to keep him. He's been a freaking awesome cat. Enough, as I've said before, to convince me that I may be a cat person. I was slapped back into reality though when we took in a friend's cat that wasn't so fabulous. I have since decided that Saja and Sydney (Logan's parents' cat) are merely exceptions to the rule and that all other cats suck.

Now, back to dogs. We've been looking at dogs for a while. We got one at first, a little, tri-colored Fox Terrier that we named Panchan (yes, it's Korean, it means "side dish"). Things were going great with me and Corban, but for some reason he was terrified of Logan (our guess is that a guy had beat him... a guy other than Logan). We figured he'd get used to Logan, but then he started getting protective and even started growling at the older children of friends and Corban's boy babysitters. Sadly, Panchan had to go. Corban doesn't quite get why we had to get rid of Panchan, and sadly, he still asks about him every once in a while.

After that we tried fostering dogs for a rescue group. It didn't work. I'll leave it at that. :O(

So, a few days ago I was perusing craigslist to see what I could see and I found a listing for a cockapoo. I called about it and found that they lived right out by Lani (20-25 min east of us, but still in Mesa... somehow) and so she went over and checked out the dog.

Long story short we got the dog. He's a cockapoo (a mix between a cocker spaniel and a toy poodle) and we named him Kogi (Korean for "meat"). He's three months old and still in training. His barking at night has gone down, but we still find puddles and cockapoo in our house. Eww... Like I said, still in training.

The nice thing is that he likes everyone in the house, even the cat. Saja is absolutely thrilled with the fact that Kogi is smaller than he is, so they chase and wrestle each other inside and out. The cat will jump on the window sill or bed if he gets sick of the dog, and the dog will bark at the cat if the cat gets too rough. It's all good.

Logan's (and my mom's) arguments when I got the dog were that the training would be a lot and that we already had a lot going, and that we should wait till after Baby came. I see their points now, but I also must admit, that as annoying as it is cleaning up cockapoo and listening to barking, I'd rather be doing that all now, than wait and do it with a baby who's either trying to sleep or sitting on the floor... next to said cockapoo. Eww...

So, those are our animals. I don't put them on as high regard as our human folk, cause that's just weird, but I am quite fond of them.

Signing out,
OUT

No comments: