This summer, well, actually in May, My Grandpa Jorgensen had open-heart surgery. Things went okay with the surgery, but recovery wasn't so good. Corban and I flew up to Washington the 30th of May and stayed for a month to help out. Corban crashed with Grandma and Grandpa Stocking and I stayed at the hospital with Grandma J to help with Grandpa J. Corban knows his great grandparents pretty well and while he was a little shocked to see Grandpa in a big white hospital bed surrounded by machines and tubes, he was happy to see family. One of the things that Grandpa had was a large, red, heart-shaped pillow (see pic) that the hospital gives to their surgery patients for therapy (to hold when they get up and down to protect stitches and sutures) and as a souvenir.Well, Corban only saw Grandpa once or twice in the hospital and I wasn't sure how much of it stuck, or if he was just traumatized by the whole thing. But, I found later, that he was fine. How you ask? Well, while we were in WA, our cat Saja got sick and wasn't getting better. Logan took him to the animal hospital, but they couldn't pinpoint the issue. I sat Corban down and tried to prepare him just in case. I told him that Saja was sick and in the hospital, just like Grandpa Jorgensen. Corban thought for a moment and then asked, "Does Saja have a big, white bed and a heart pillow too?" I lied. "Uh... yeah, sure." "Oh... wow!!!" Both Saja and Grandpa are doing fine now. We have no idea what was wrong with Saja, probably just severely dehydrated. Grandpa is in a nursing home for rehabilitation till he gets strong enough to go home. Go Grandpa!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment