Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Life in the hood...

So, Logan and I were on our way home from school today with Corban in the back seat. We had turned off of Longmore onto 7th and as we approached Ash from the east we saw two police cars parked on the western side of Ash. I thought that interesting, two cop cars in your neighborhood is odd enough, but the house they were in front of wasn't one that I would ever suspect anything of. Well, that's because they weren't there for that house, they were there along with TWO MORE police cars that were parked on the east side of the street (blocked by a house from our view until we turned onto Ash) for the house that has our new neighbors. We headed toward our house and saw the police gathered by the garage with bullet proof vests on peering around the corner at the house to assess the situation. Once in our driveway, we opened our car door just in time to hear, "*SO-AND-SO!! THIS IS THE POLICE!!! COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP!!" To which we said, "Corban, get back in your carseat, we're going to Grandma's!"

We went the opposite way of the "situation" only to see most of our neighbors outside on their sidewalks and yards in lawnchairs getting front row seats to the whole ordeal.

We don't really know what happened. We assume it was a domestic issue because a lady was standing talking to the police. We came back a few hours later and there were people standing at the front door of the house, but all the police were gone.

The funny thing is, if someone had told us, "There's a bunch of police cars at a house in your neighborhood," I totally would've guessed the drug dealers across the street... they're the ones the police have been staking out for the past few months. But hey, who knew?!

4 comments:

lani said...

Oh how I miss the hood!! Afraid of walking outside at night. Afraid of who is lurking in the shadows of the alley. Oh the good ol' days!

Debbie said...

wow, that's kinda scary. Glad you had somewhere to go till it was all over.

Alison said...

NICE! Where do you live?! Sorry I missed your call last night I actually decided to do something crazy and go to bed early! I will give you a call back probably tomorrow afternoon! I have to run out right now and I have a class tonight and then have to do some work.

5dollarFanatic said...

Ha ha funny stuff. Or scary stuff-I hope that doesn't become a normal occurance in your hood. Although from the reaction from your neighbors, i wouldn't be surprised if they have their set ups..well setup in advance. Take care. Oh yeah-Kim M. told me that she was your cousin and we met at Arica and Jake's graduation-but i don't remember. Small world isn't it?