Saturday, November 15, 2008

Update 11/15/2008

We're all chillin down here in AZ. Actually, compared to the rest of the country, we're roasting, still in shorts and t-shirts most days with highs in the 80's and occaissionally the 90's... the 70's are what we enjoy. This past week we dug out some of the long pants to wear. Corban apparently doesn't remember wearing long pants, except for at church. He was very excited to hear that he had his own pair of denim jeans just like Mom and Dad. Logan snapped him in and he stood up and exclaimed, "Look!! I have JEANS!!! I have a jean... JUST LIKE GRANDPA STOCKING, GENE!!" If only he realized that his Grandma Smith is Jean, and then he would know that he has a pair of genes/jeans! (That is so much funnier when spoken...)

Logan is enjoying school. He's able to take a few PE classes to fill generals and is taking Fencing (for his second semester) and Shinkando (a martial arts class). This last weekend he placed third in the MCC Novice Fencing Tourney (last year he took 2nd), losing only to the guy that would go on to get first. He was pleased with his efforts and with the improvements he has made since last semester. Corban loved being able to watch his daddy "fight with a SWORD!!!"

Logan's the one in the middle with the medal. :O)

Here's a clip if you're interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5abxzFefxAM This is from an earlier class, not the tourney, but it is the same 1st place guy. Logan is the one in the khaki pants.

Logan is still working as a file clerk at Snell & Wilmer Law. This is the start of his third year and he enjoys those he works with and the environment that is there. I have also enjoyed having him there. I have been very impressed with the way they treat their employees from partners to part-timers, and also been very pleased with their family oriented activities.
In the picture is Corban (in the green) and Quintin (sitting down) playing in the waterfall at the Phx Zoo at the Snell & Wilmer Family Zoo Day. I have no idea who the little girl is or why she insisted on standing in front of the kids EVERYTIME I tried to take a picture. <:O)
Logan is also still in the Elders' Quorum Presidency as First Counselor (Church calling, the quorum is roughly defined as all the guys (and their families) ages 19-45). He enjoys the men he works with both in the presidency and the quorum. We have been blessed to be in an absolutely fabulous ward. It is the first ward that I have really felt a part of, as though I was truly at home, since leaving Connell.

I'm in school, only taking 6 credits this semester; Psych 101 and Bio 181. They're both easy classes and have been a nice transition back into school. Logan and I are able to drive to school together, with me leaving early and coming back for him later in the day. Corban stays with his best friend, Quintin, while I'm at school, and I try to take Quintin in the afternoons until his brother and sisters get out of school (depending on my current exhaustion level). Quintin's mother, Mary, has been very accommodating in our school schedules, and very mindful of my pregnancy (probably more so than I have!). It's been very nice having someone that Corban plays so well with. Mary is also very pleased. Quintin is her fifth, and she is quite insistent that it is not easy to find a playmate that gets along as well as Corban and Quintin do.

Mary and I are also Cub Scout leaders. She is in charge of the Wolves, and I have the Bears, so we do not work together, but we coordinate quite often. I have enjoyed my group of boys. Right now we meet on a stake level so I, along with 2 other leaders, are in charge of 15 Bears. Come the start of the year we will meet on a ward, or possible bi-ward level and so our numbers will be down to at least half (and with one less leader). I will miss the boys, but it will definitely be nice to have a more manageable group. Besides, most of the boys I have will move on shortly after our switch, so I'm not missing out much.

Corban is an absolute crack up; not a day goes by that Logan and I aren't telling each other of something Corban said that day. As far as "jeans" go, Corban has fortunately gotten Logan's mutant tall gene (Logan is the tallest in his family at 6'0"). He's in 4T clothes, which is the first time he's been past his normal size. For his sake I hope it keeps up! He also has his father's "gamer" gene. He can fully operate the Wii, his favorite game is Super Smash Brothers Brawl. He still loves movies (just like Daddy). His current favorites are "Ironman" and "Kung Fu Panda" both of which he can quote.

Kaylee is growing, growing, growing. We've made it half way, T- 133 days! Still a ways to go, but she is already demonstrating her personality. While discussing cellular division in biology class, my professer introduced a set of slides saying, "This is what happens when a sperm and and egg cell unite." Immediately, Kaylee started dancing, jumping up and down like mad in order to demonstrate what really happens!!

That's pretty much what's going on down here. We're livin life and lovin it! We're down here for Thanksgiving, and can't wait to be up in WA for Christmas!!! Corban and I will be staying for at least 3 weeks, and Logan will be there for 7-10 days.

Hope everyone is doing as well and are happy, safe, and healthy.

You know, in rereading this... this may be our Christmas letter... assuming I get around to getting one sent out...

No comments: