Friday, November 28, 2008

A Square is a Rectangle, but Sadly...

About a week ago, Corban came into the computer room and asked if he could have some paper to draw a picture. I pulled some out of the printer and handed it to him and he sat down on the floor and made himself comfortable with a box of crayons and a book under his paper.

Up to this point he's drawn many pictures on paper, Paint, and KidPix; and though many were called "robot" they consisted of scribbles of various colors and sizes. So, when he announced that he was going to draw a robot and that it was going to have a square for a head and circles for eyes, I encouraged him, but expected the usual.

A few seconds later, Corban put his head in his hands and cried, "MOM!"

"What's wrong?!" I asked.

With the saddest look on his face he said quitely, "It's a RECTANGLE!!!!"

(I inverted the colors, he drew with a yellow crayon.)

No comments: